My Backstage Photography Experience at TEDx Toronto 2013
I was so thrilled to be able to photograph TEDx in Toronto this year! I'm not going to lie, I felt pretty cool being a part of the backstage crew. What I loved most was seeing the speakers backstage 30 seconds before they would walk on. It was beautiful to observe someone you look up to in this focused, nervous, excited state which the world rarely gets to see. Being able to photograph these amazing speakers while listening and learning was one of the coolest experiences ever! I was in heaven :)
It took place at the Toronto Royal Conservatory of Music and featured inspiring speakers of course. I didn't expect anything less but amazing and awe inspiring individuals to courageously face the audience and inspire each and every one of us in our own way. The theme of this year's talks was about the choices we make.
"Our choices may be logical, based in moral principle, made by gut instinct, or determined by the heart. They can be singular actions or collaborative ones. In the case of too much choice, we can face confusion and indifference. We are who we are today because of the choices we have made in the days that precede it. Sometimes our choices are forgettable, sometimes life-changing, and occasionally, they change the world."
The speakers which inspired me most and shone a new light on my world were:
- Michael Stone (inspired me spiritually)
- Dr. Mendez (made me excited for the future of word wide medical care),
- Rodolphe el-Khoury (I now have faith in a more Eco-friendly future)
- Joel MacCharles (inspired me to cook and preserve food in order to save money and live a healthier lifestyle)
- Steve Mann (taught me how important sousveillance can be)
- Debbie Berlin-Romalis (tugged on my heart strings and created more compassion in me)
- Mark Bowden (now I know how to make people like me muahahaha).
You can find their talks HERE.
GTA Wedding & Portrait Photography - Sarunia Photography